Monday, March 12, 2007

RSS Feed - Assignment #4

Okay, I'm glad to read that this will be one of the most difficult assignments, because it didn't come quite as easily as the others. I hope I have subscribed to everything I was supposed to. So far I have 10 feeds on Bloglines. The one site I check for news every day is IMDB, and I could find no information about an RSS feed to them. This seems odd, since they update every day, and are in every other way a completely hip and happenin' site. Instead, I added KIRO 7 Entertainment News, and two feeds from People.com (this seemed like a good idea, because my friend is on there all day and she always knows everything first). I signed up for Top Headlines and Celebrity Photos from them.

I added four feeds from co-workers (Val, Peggi, Mary Kay, and Diana), and will add more as I recognize the owners on the list of participants. Then I added KCLS Learning 2.0 (of course), and chose BBC News as my required feed.

I like how this allows you to group all of the sites you follow in one place - it makes it so much easier to check in on everybody and see what they're up to!

4 comments:

wiiingnut said...

hiya jenenevieve! i'm very proud to be on your feed list. i had a speech prepared, but i'm afraid i'm too choked up to read it! perhaps when all this emotion dissapates (dang it, i spelled it wrong on the first try, guess i'll be adding dictionary.com to my rss feeds too!) i will deliver it to you! -cheeky

wiiingnut said...

see? i did it again! dissipates. say it with me...

Aidokusha said...

I wanted to add IMDB, too, and was surprised they didn't have an RSS feed!

So, are you going to add a feed to my blog? It's called My Blog.

Aidokusha said...

Sheba, you bad kitty!! (I'm still hoping to find a screen shot of that scene...)