Monday, March 19, 2007

Finding Feeds - Assignment #8

Am I crazy, or are blogs one of the freakiest, most impossible things you could possibly search for? I've had trouble even when I knew the name of the blog or the blog entry, and didn't have much more luck using these search engines. Happily, the blog I have always written for, Moviepie Musings, showed up right away on Google Blog Search. Phew! At least we're real!

I had almost no luck searching by topic in terms of finding something new that would interest me. I tried searching things like "Library" or "Censorship" or "Entertainment" and kept coming to random references in strangers' blogs. (I still don't really understand reading blogs written by regular people that you don't know.) I did find one amusing reference to Eva Longoria being
2 1/2 feet tall (hee hee!). But that wasn't very useful.

In the end, I added feeds to Moviepie Musings, Cyndi Lauper's blog, Librarian.net, and Librarybytes.net to my Bloglines account. Google Blog Search gets a gold star, but I thought the other search tools were stinky.

No comments: